This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Partitions

Tinkerer

Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:11:05 pm

I am trying to install Zorin 7 on a desktop PC. I read the very brief installation instructions which gave the impression it would be easy but I have fallen at the first hurdle.

I was asked to create a partition, which I did, but was then told to select a mounting point. In the drop down list I selected the forward slash (just a guess). I clicked to continue but was told I had not prepared a swap partition. I went back and reduced the original partition and created a smaller one. Now it wants a mount point for that. I tried a few of the options and each seemed to be accepted but it still maintains that I have not designated a swap partition.

Questions are: What mount points should the two partitions be on and how do I tell Zorin to use the smaller one as a swap partition?

Wolfman

Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:12:45 am

Hi,

take a look here, it explains all you need about partitioning and the mount points:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2601

Let us know if it helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

Tinkerer

Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:28:27 pm

Many, many thanks Wolfman. Partitions now all created and ready. Your guide is excellent - straightforward, easy to understand and did the job. Thanks again.

Wolfman

Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:23:18 am

Hi,

glad it helped.

Regards Wolfman :D