This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

choosing for os to boot not coming

jsjain007

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:55:13 am

i installed zorin 7.1 successfully in my laptop but whenever i restart my laptop there is no such option to select the os and hence it automatically boots only windows8.
is there a way to get this option otherwise i cant open the zorin.

Anonymous

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:25:51 am

Go to the search box on the Windows 8 main start screen. [ top right ].
And search/enter >>>> [ power options ]

In the search results....look for [ change what the power buttons do ].

>>>> [ Enter ] <<<<

Now you should be on the same page as the screenshot.

At the very top of that page in [ Bold Blue ]

Click on where it says [ change settings that are currently unavailable ]

Now go towards the bottom of the page...and disable/uncheck where it says [ turn on fast startup " recommended " ].

Now [ save and exit ] !!!!! :D :D :D :D

Done Deal

You now have a normal boot machine. :lol: :lol:

Swarfendor437

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:02:21 pm

Hi Gizmuntu, will this stop windows powering off into hibernation mode? at the moment I cannot access Windows 8 in GNU/Linux because of this. Also I have tried to revert back to the File System 1.0 using the M$ advice on adding a registry key so I can see Windows 7 in bootloader of both OS's and doesn't appear to work!

Cheers!

Anonymous

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:50:21 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi Gizmuntu, will this stop windows powering off into hibernation mode? at the moment I cannot access Windows 8 in GNU/Linux because of this. Also I have tried to revert back to the File System 1.0 using the M$ advice on adding a registry key so I can see Windows 7 in bootloader of both OS's and doesn't appear to work!

Cheers!

Disabling the [ fast startup ] option puts an end to [ hibernation mode ]...[ hyper-sleep ] !!!!