This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Delete Linux Partition

lenberman

Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:23:49 pm

DskMgmt.jpg

6 months ago I installed Linux Mint as a dual boot with Windows 7. When I installed Mint, I setup 30 GB for it's partition. Now when I look at what I think is the Linux volume, it's listed it at 33 GB. I want to install Linux Zorin to replace Mint. Hopefully, I can just delete the Mint partition and re-do the whole dual boot Windows set up, then install Zorin. When I look at my hard drive in disk management (see attached) I see a partition (without a drive letter) that is 31.79 GB, I'm hoping it's Mint. Can I just right click, delete and Mint is gone? My concern is that there are other partitions, one that's a 25.7 GB OEM partition.
Len

Swarfendor437

Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:03:13 pm

Hi Len, it would be great if you could have expanded that top window a bit more. what might be better is if you use Mint's gparted (Gnome Partition Editor) or even Zorin's in live mode and upload a screenshot of that - OEM could be some recovery software that is needed for a factory re-install - just to be safe please post a partition shot using GParted! Thanks! :D

Totolanio

Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:45:06 pm

otherwise can't you add a letter and browse into it to see which files are in ?

or boot from live DVD and see what is in those partitions too then you can delete the right one ^^ yes thats pretty simple but may help :p

lenberman

Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:25:17 am

I deleted the partition and then my computer wouldn't boot into Linux and I couldn't get into Windows because it was stuck in the disabled grub. I ended up re-installing Linux, this time Zorin OS8. and everything is working as it should

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:51:15 pm

Hi, Glad you are sorted! :D