This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

drivers installation Zorin Os 8

eleandroo42

Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:35:42 pm

Hi everyone,im new at linux,and i dont know anything about drivers and how to install them...i have zorin os 8.1 free.I tried at synaptic package manager and it says there are no drivers avaible .can anyone help?:/

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:08:46 pm

Hi and welcome to Zorin! First off, synaptic is really more to do with applications rather than drivers! Firstly, which version of Zorin are you running - 32-bit or 64-bit? What drivers specifically/hardware issues are you having? It would help if you provide details of your computer and any peripherals (printers/scanners) etc. :D

eleandroo42

Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:21:11 pm

many thanks!i thought my graphic driver wasn't working...but it's ok! thank you for your response!it's good to know that people help...i think my relationship with linux will last for a long time :)

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:56:20 pm

No problem friend - that's what is different in the GNU/Linux community. I remember posting a registration card when I bought my first Pentium P120 (just months before Intel released MMX and threatened computer builders they would not supply them with Intel processors if they leaked MMX had been released!) and asked to be kept informed by Microsoft - nothing! :evil: