This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Disk Partition in Zorin

Karthick

Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:34:50 am

Hi all,
I have installed Zorin OS. Now i want install windows 7 in parallel. I haven't partitioned my disk earlier. Kindly some help me how to partition in Zorin. I have searched out many option in internet I dont find it useful. Please post the instructions which are all I need to perform. Thanks in advance for your help.

Swarfendor437

Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:48:46 am

Hi, and welcome to Zorin - you should always install Windows first then GNU/Linux!

See my guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6075

:D

Karthick

Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:26:43 pm

Thank for your reply. Is it not possible to install windows is installed by partitioning the hard as in windows?

Wolfman

Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:14:10 am

Hi,

here is another partitioning guide:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2601

You can install Windows after Linux but you will have to retsore GRUB again once Windows is installed, see the part about "Boot Repair" (repairing the boot manager "MBR") in the link above!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Swarfendor437

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:58:28 am

Just to add, to avoid heartache, I always put Windows at the start of a drive - the boot.ini/cfg needs the OS to be near the start of the drive. I have installed Windows 8.1 after Zorin but it just didn't 'feel' right - have seen Xp and Mandriva with Mandriva in first partition and it fell over on user's Notebook who was showing me! ;)