This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Can not Install to second Partition

George30022

Sat May 10, 2014 7:31:45 pm

I am in need of assistance for Partition and File Format procedures for the following Config;
I have 8GB of Ram, 240GB on a SSD and a extra 2 TB on a second "Platter" SATA3 HDD. I have partitioned the SSD as follows; 120 GB NTFS and installed Windows 7. Second - remainder of SSD is about 68 GB partitioned as well
with NTFS. I have the LIVE USB of ZorinOS 8 running fine on a 8GB stick. I can boot - start the installation yet ZORIN wants to install to the 2 TB HDD and partition it; it will not see the second partition of the SSD. Bottom choice for "Something else" does show that partition but I can not install to the /SDA3 partition of choice. If ZORIN just simply can not be installed to NTFS Partition - I can simply purchase a 120GB SSD. I do not see details in the installation instructions regarding specific Partitioning procedures.
Any help appropriated
George- Atlanta GA.

Anonymous

Sat May 10, 2014 8:02:00 pm

Hi
The partition where you install Zorin os. should be formatted to ext 4.

George30022

Sat May 10, 2014 11:23:38 pm

Actually, I had to go back to Windows 7; DELETE that partition. I left it OPEN, BLANK - unformatted - no Volume. That was the One Option I did not try. Re attempted installation; all went perfect. Zorin see's my Win 7 Boot partition with Seven on it; it see's my 2 tB drive, all works. I made the mistake of building at 70 GB second partition with NTFS. Simply removed it; all installed. I hope this can assist another Installer -
Thanks for your reply -

Wolfman

Sun May 11, 2014 7:05:59 am

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2601

Have marked as solved!. :D