This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Cant Install

barri222

Sun May 25, 2014 12:41:57 pm

Hi I'm trying to install Zorin on my PC which is a 32 bit. I go through all the installation ok until it comes to the reboot. Then it crashes and says my graphics are too low. Do I want to continue Yes or No. I've clicked both and on different times and both times it locks up. I love how Zorin looks but can't get it to load from the disk. I've also tried 2 different disks but I get the same thing happen. I hope someone can help. I am using on the Linux computer 800x1280 I think it is and that runs fine buy Zorin won't work on my desktop or my laptop. Hope some one can help.

Barri :(

Wolfman

Mon May 26, 2014 6:25:32 am

Hi Barri,

did you follow this advice?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771

You can also try running "DPKG" per this guied:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

Swarfendor437

Mon May 26, 2014 8:42:02 am

Hi everyone, can we rewind please?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5449

barri222

Mon May 26, 2014 10:05:09 pm

Thanks to all the replies. I burnt another copy this time I got 8.1 off the Zorin site and it installed fine. The other disk I bought off eBay couldn't have been any good. Thanks again for the help. Barry

Wolfman

Wed May 28, 2014 5:24:41 am

Hi Barry,

glad you got it sorted but a warning for everyone, don't buy a free Linux OS from Ebay, if the disks aren't burnt (see link: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771 ) at the correct speed, you will have nothing more than a "Coffee Coaster"! ("Tea Mat" to the Brits out there!). :D