This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Boot Menu Win 8.1

rweakley

Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:22:32 pm

Hello I just built a new computer. I have no personal files on it so I can do whatever needs to be done. I am doing a dual boot mainly to keep access to Quicken and other windows products that I require for finances and work reasons.
I have been scouring Google and trying to figure out how to get a boot menu that will allow me to choose which OS to boot into. I have been thus far unsuccessful with any method I could find. I have tried the BootRepair, I've tried a program called EasyBCD for windows. The BootRepair usually breaks it alltogether (at least at my skill level) and I end up reloading.
I have an ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 mobo. It is set to UEFI mode and Secure Boot says disabled.
I cannot get my Linux disc to boot/install in UEFI mode. I get the little picture of the disc and the guy at the bottom. I have tried converting my install into EFI mode, with no success.
Right now I can boot into both Windows and Linux by going into the BIOS and manually selecting my boot source. The options are a a UEFI HDD and a regular HDD. The UEFI goes into Windows and the regular will load Zorin.

I'll go ahead and leave it at this for now, and see what kind of advice that I can get. Any kind of walk throughs would be nice. Thanks much!

rweakley

Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:28:53 pm

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:11:40 pm

Hi, checkout the link to that youtube video - you need EasyBCD 2.2 Community Edition from Softpedia:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6075#p28672

Be sure to watch Matthew Moore's video! :D