This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] download zorin 9

chuckbattams

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:56:33 pm

I've downloaded zorin 9 a total of 5 times, each time I try to install it on my usb stick I get "broken files".
Once in awhile I can understand, but everytime?
Is there some secret way or location to download and install?

FYI ...

because I dont understand zorin/linux properly yet, I use my main frame which is win8 and I use bit torrent for the download.
Then after that I use universal USB installer v1.9.5.4 for the writer of the ISO

I've tried downloading programs with the software centre on this operating system "zorin7" , for example "unetbooten" and I get a lot of pop ups saying...

"requires installation of untrusted packages
this requires installing packages from unauthenticated sources
with "ok" or "repair" buttons

I click repair over and over again, but nothing installs.

Dunno why, to me it should be straight forward, but if You have a solution that might help, I'm all ears/// oops, sorry eyes :)

Chuck

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:52:51 pm

Hi, your problem/answer is in your post - you used a torrent to download Zorin - you should only use the channel on sourceforge to download Zorin 9! Accelerators/torrents might not download correctly! ;)

chuckbattams

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:26:22 pm

well swarfender ...
I've fnally succeeded at downloading ver9 and then downloaded unetbootin, took a lot of review and research and this and that trouble shooting my mistakes, but I managed to get it to work via terminal and burned a copy of zorin 9 onto a usb stick.
Have had 5 crashes since the install, some thing to do with video.... 'cause it says <GPU> and upon this bootup, there was a pop up to send an error report. Hope to hear something soon, so I can get out of crashes.

Other than that, it is running smoothly

chuckbattams

Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:39:56 pm

SUCCESS...

I can say searching in this news group, maybe a bit tedious, but eventually you can get some good information. I found a post by "wolfman" on "Updating Ubuntu Software & Repairing Broken Files (System)"
Did as he said, took a bit of trial and error, but finally ended up with success.

Swarfendor437

Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:42:33 am

Hi, Glad you are sorted! Have marked as [SOLVED]!