This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

ISO image to bootable disc?

Feckit

Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:08:29 am

I have the iso image of 32bit Zorin but how do i convert it to a bootable disc?
Intend to dual boot it with a laptop running Windows 7?

Swarfendor437

Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:24:11 am

Hi, if you have access to a DVD-RW optical drive (even an external one) then this is the best way to do it - you will need to download md5sumfree from www.winmd5free.com to verify the md5sum is correct (you would not want to create a coaster!). I only use imgburn from imgburn.com - always choose the last mirror which is the sites own!

If you have a USB stick (8 Gb) minimum you could install using a USB installer such as Unetbootin for Windows or another one whose name escapes me at the moment.

Whichever method you use, you will need to change the boot order so that your DVD-RW or USB (removable HD is sometimes shown depending on age of BIOS) - Your notebook (laptop) should have a function key or other keyboard key to enable a one-time boot option where you have a menu and use your cursor keys to choose from which drive to boot from in order to install Zorin.

Henriolavi

Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:14:13 am

The another one USB installer is "Universal USB Installer" and can be downloaded here.
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal- ... -as-1-2-3/

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:54:48 am

Thanks Henriolavi, that was the one I forgot about! :D Please be aware that some AV programs in Windows thinks that Universal USB loader is a virus - it is a 'false positive'! i.e., it is NOT a virus or virus laden when you try to run the .exe. :D