This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Cannot install Zorin OS 9

optimus

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:48:40 pm

Hi guys,
My first message on this forum and sorry if the question has already been asked. I downloaded Zorin OS 9. Burned it onto a DVD, but it does not boot. There is no install files! All what I have is the following:

Folders:
.disk
boot
casper
dists
install
isolinux
pics
pool
pressed

Files:
md5sum.txt (11KB)
Readme.diskdefines (1KB)
ubuntu (0KB)

By the way, my computer is set to boot from DVD.

Thanks,
Optimus

frits

Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:45:51 am

I think you did not burn an ISO, but you just made a copy of the download to your DVD.

Using an USB is easier: http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

optimus

Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:24:23 pm

Hi frits,
Thanks for your answer. I did burn the ISO I downloaded from the website. I used both ImgBurn and PowerISO to burn the ISO file, but neither one of them worked. I burned 3 DVDs, neither one of them worked.
Thanks,
Optimus.

SteveD

Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:00:17 pm

Have you checked the md5 checksum for the image you downloaded?

optimus

Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:57:44 pm

Hi SteveD,
Thanks for your answer. I just checked the MD5SUM of the file I downloaded. It's exactly the same as the one from the zoringroup website.
Peace.

Swarfendor437

Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:40:57 am

Did you burn at the lowest speed your burner can run at?

optimus

Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:04:52 pm

Hi Swarfendor437
Thanks for your answer. The first two burns were at the highest speed, but when I read one of the threads, I did another burn at the lowest speed, but I got the same problem.
Thank you,
Optimus

SteveD

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:51:06 pm

Have you tried the USB method?

Alternatively have you tried accessing a boot menu when starting the computer rather than changing the bios boot order?

optimus

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:51:20 pm

As soon as I get back home (at work right now), I will give the USB option a try.

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:58:31 am

Hi, something else I should have asked - you did use Opera or Firefox to make the download? You did not use a download accelerator? You did not use a 'torrent'? The last two are known to fail and any other browser other than the ones quoted (and in respect of Opera 12.16 version). :D