This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] New Install of Z9

alpha1

Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:21:58 pm

Hi Guys
I am experiencing a few issues moving from z8 with this new vershion of Zorin core 9
It dos not seem to want to install it keeps hanging - and reports
sep 9 22:32:51 zorin-os kernel: [ 3512.695761] perf sample too long (5014 . 5000)., loweing kernal.perf_event_max_rate to 25000

Can you assist here please.

Swarfendor437

Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:34:16 pm

Hi alpha1, can I take it as read that you:

1. downloaded using either Firefox or Opera and did NOT use a download accelerator?

2. You verified the md5sum before burning (open terminal - Menu | Accessories | Terminal and navigate to folder where iso downloaded to and enter:

Code:
md5sum zorin-os-9-core-32.iso

3. You launched Brasero first before choosing to burn an .iso rather than right-click an 'burn with brasero'? Remembering to burn at lowest possible speed? If Brasero causing issues, install K3b - far superior with more tweakability! :D

alpha1

Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:32:12 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi alpha1, can I take it as read that you:

1. downloaded using either Firefox or Opera and did NOT use a download accelerator?

2. You verified the md5sum before burning (open terminal - Menu | Accessories | Terminal and navigate to folder where iso downloaded to and enter:

Code:
md5sum zorin-os-9-core-32.iso

3. You launched Brasero first before choosing to burn an .iso rather than right-click an 'burn with brasero'? Remembering to burn at lowest possible speed? If Brasero causing issues, install K3b - far superior with more tweakability! :D

Thanks for your reply Swarfendor437
My install went a head ok after a long wait - there may have been an internet access issue as well

I had checked out the CD before hand and all was well, as it worked earlier on a Laptop with no issues.
Sorry to have posted - but i was getting worried as i was not able to have a working system.
Many Thanks for the reply.

Swarfendor437

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:06:02 pm

No worries - if it was 9 it takes a lot of installing if adding updates during install is checked - about 200 Mb I read posted somewhere on here! :D

Will mark as [RESOLVED] as there was nothing to [SOLVE] so-to-speak! Enjoy your Zorin! :D