This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

strange to me, b110 & zorin-ubiquity boot

abracadabbra-zorin

Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:57:18 pm

I have had Zorin installed on other computers, but my Dell B110 appears to have an identity crisis when installing Zorin other than lite versions. This makes no sense at all as it is still a fine computer.
Next I realized that this behavior was not only related to Zorin. Most other Ubuntu-Linux softwares were causing a similar problem. I have a much less well-appointed Dell from Dinosaur days that happily booted all the Linux systems that my B110 would not. Some would barely wheeze through it's infinitely cheesier CPU but they booted & ran live.
Finally I noticed that on core Zorin 9 that the installation software was identifying my B110 as a "386"! What the heck! I'm thinking that the Ubiquity software had been misidentifying my Dell B110 & shutting down the boot process.
Any thoughts?
By the way, an infinite 'Thanks' for coming up with this OS and to all the hands across the Linux domain that helped lead to this point in OS development.

Swarfendor437

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:35:51 am

More information needed:

"Your processor should have a number. Not the clock speed, but a 3 digit number. For instance Pentium 4 630. If you have one where the first digit is 6 or 5, it is 64 bit. If the first number if 4, it's 32 bit."

[Taken from: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 901AAscVnf]