This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Ultimate 64Bit Installation on Lenovo Thinkpad T400

fwka92

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:00:34 pm

I have just bought Zorin Os Ultimate 64 Bit and was trying to install it on Lenovo Thinkpad T400, all Settings set to "German", "Germany" and Berlin as Timezone and so on. Also, I deleted all other things on the disk, only installing Zorin Os on it. I have firstly tried to do it with WLAN Connection and in the second trial with Ethernet Cable plugged in, but it always stops in the Installation Process after completion of the copy-process... In the following process at ""Adding User...", the following messages appear in terminal:

Creating home director 'home/florian' ...
Setting up encryption ...
od: /dev/urandom: No such file or directory
stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Enter your mount passphrase [leave blank to generate one]:

And then follows a lot of these types of messages, where the ID changes from line to line
/usr/lib/ubiquity/frontend/gtk_components/nmywidgets.py:131 - Warning: Source ID 24603 was not found when attempting to remove it Glib.source_remove(self.rows_changed_id)

I am thankful for help!

P.S.: I checked Encryption Option during installation process

Wolfman

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:51:00 pm

Hi,

please read this:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771

Only use a cable connection when installing for stability!. :D

Don't select Encryption!. :D

Let us know if this helps!. :D

fwka92

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:10:35 pm

Using your tips the installation worked like a charm... i am now writing this on a fresh Zorin Operating System! :)

Wolfman

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:39:16 pm

Hi,

good, I will mark it as solved!. :D