This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) USB Install Trouble

Hyperion

Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:47:55 pm

Hello Z-Peeps ;)

So i tried to search online on how to install "Zorin OS 9 Core", only problem is that it dosen't seem to work properly everytime i try to install this on my laptop for some reason Oo?

So this is what i could find so far:

i installed something called "UNetBooting" or something like that, downloaded the ISO file from the Zorin website, and ran the tool to my USB, that part looked like it worked... but when i booted my laptop WITH the USB-Drive/Pin in the USB Port, it just stopped at the booting screen, right until i took out the USB, then it automaticly proceeded... so my best guess is that the program "UNetBooting" isn't working properly etc?

Another thing i tried was to just put the ISO file normally on the usb and then run like that, got the message "Operating System Needed..."

I also tried to extract ALL files from the ISO file via "DaemonTools Lite" program and tried to run again, got same message?

So my question is simply really, how DO i install Zorin via USB? Ideas would be great! :D

Thanks alot! ;)

PS: I'm new here, hope to learn alot from Zorin.. i do have a desktop-gaming pc.. but using Windows 7 Ultimate on that one and using laptop for work, so i think it would be best with Zorin on that beast haha :D
Hoping some answer soon! Need this done as soon as possible! :D

Thanks alot! ;)
Mr H ;)

Wolfman

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:20:15 pm

Hi Mr H,

did you fully format the USB stick before using Unetbootin?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7171&p=34209#p34209

Hyperion

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:52:22 pm

Hi Wolfman

Thanks that helped alot actually! The laptop is installing as we speak!

Thanks alot! Finally i can work with my laptop again in the schools hehe :P