This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 9 Premium

crazyfunkman

Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:28:32 pm

Hello Folks,

I purchased OS 9 Premium this past February. For business needs I had to step away from Zorin for a few months but can now return. I downloaded the Premium version and did the install which went through without any issues. Once logged into the new install I let the system attempt to run the updates which stalled out 3 separate times. After doing another install I fired up Synaptic and used it to to the updates which ran without any issue. After the updates run I did reboot and am now missing the notification area on the bottom panel as well as the couple of indicators I added via the panel preferences right click option. So the questions....

Is there something hosed up with the repositories since the release of Zorin 10 that could cause this and is there a way to fix this?

Zorin OS 10 is based on 15.04. Per other replies on the forum, I see some are saying there isn't going to be a Premium Version. Is this true and correct?

I was thinking of downloading OS 9.1 to see if the issue persists but am hesitant to waste the time until I can figure out what is causing my issue.

Any and all help will be appreciated!

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:08:36 am

Hi, You have two options:

1. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7983

2. Install Cairo-Dock DE:

download/file.php?id=3356&mode=view

crazyfunkman

Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:24:28 am

Thanks Swarfendor,

I really appreciate the suggestions but in the end I think I may move on from Zorin for a while. I downloaded the 9.1 ISO and had the same outcome with the panel. Suprisingly, I installed the 10 RC and that ran fairly well with very few glitches. Not sure if it's just me but 10 seems to lack some of the customization abilities that 9 had but it has been quite a while since I ran 9 on a daily basis.

I'll wait for the final release of 10 to come out and give it a run.

Thanks!

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:14:56 pm

Please be aware that 10 will be a developmental release, just like 15.04 which means that support is likely to end come October when Ubuntu will release 15.10.
I am sticking with 9 Ultimate (Premium) 64-bit (with modifications - :D

Wolfman

Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:58:41 am

Hi,

did you follow this advice when creating your disk/USB stick?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771