This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Can not install Windows Vista

trsjr1

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:12:17 pm

I can not install Windows Vista. Just install Zorin and want to know why I can not install Windows Vista. When I go to install Vista it says; This computer does not have enough space for temporary files. Windows installation needs at least 460 megabytes (MB) of space on any partition for temporary files. To install Windows, free enough space and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80004005. I let Zorin have my whole hard drive (160 GB) and Memory (1GB). I have a Aspire one D260 Netbook. I did have Windows 7, but did not like it (ran too slow). I have not installed any programs since I installed Zorin and have 134.7 GB of free hard drive left. Don't know how to fix the problem and would appreciate any help you could give me. ( Installing Vista from the disk from Microsoft ) Thank you for your time.

trsjr1

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:00:15 am

THANK YOU swarfendor437!!! Everything works GREAT now, got both OSes.

Julian

Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:30:22 am

Doing a new install on 1.5 TB drive. I usually do windows first and then Linux, but there are problems with that. Vista put immovable files in a bad spot. I wanted partition to only be 250GB, but couldn't get it less than 700GB. I wasted 3+ hours doing all sorts of deleting files and defraging and it was pointless. Only way to solve the problem is to do Zorin OS first and then Vista. Just letting people know that while it is easier, it may not always be the best way to go about dual booting.

Wolfman

Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:09:58 pm

hi Julian,

just in case someone has a problem repairing GRUB after a Windows reinstall:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Recov ... ingWindows

Regards Wolfman :D