This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[CLOSED] NetGear WNDA3100v2 woes...

Brian_of_Bozeat

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:39:35 am

Hi, I have spent the entire day searching and applying all of the advice I have read from everywhere but it's no good, I cannot get my Netgear wifi dongle to connect to my router.

I have updated my distro [zorin 10 core 64bit] and I have installed the windows driver via wine, taken the driver folder from the "c:" drive and put it in my documents folder and installed it via windows wireless drivers and it says the hardware is there and it sees my router and it will not connect - the password screen just keeps on coming up.

If I try an old sweex wifi connector it goes in (I'm on it right now) but not the Netgear!

As a test I set up a wifi hot spot from my phone and I had the exact same result.

This sucks because the netgear adapter is much much faster than the sweex and has run faultlessly on Win7 for the last couple of years. I want to dual boot and I don't want to swap adapters when I swap OS's

If I type "lsusb" into the terminal I get the following: NetGear, Inc. WNDA3100v2 802.11abgn [Broadcom BCM4323]

Can anyone help me to get this wifi adapter working please?

Swarfendor437

Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:45:57 am

Hi, see if the tarballed package I uploaded for the first release works:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6354&hilit=wnda

Brian_of_Bozeat

Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:27:19 am

Thank you I will try that when I return home tomorrow.

Brian_of_Bozeat

Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:48:05 am

Hi thanks for trying but I had the same result.

For now I am running with the old sweetex and I will order a faster one if I find it to be restrictive.

Swarfendor437

Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36:02 pm

Sorry to hear that - will mark as [CLOSED] ;)