This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS9 Lite Bootable USB on Dell Latitude 2100

NunyaBusiness123

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:55:12 am

I have downloaded the Zorin OS 9 Lite file on my Dell Latitude 2100 (currently running on Vista Business) and have used several different programs to attempt to convert it into a bootable USB file so I can install. Unetbootin doesn't recognize the USB, ISOtoUSB said it worked but was a LIE, and Rufus and XBoot do absolutely nothing. The USB is formatted correctly, is there anybody out there who can help me figure this out?

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:01:25 am

Hi, I only ever use this:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8933&hilit=+MultiSystem#p43425

The only issue you will have is that you can only run this on a GNU/Linux OS that is already installed. ;) :D

NunyaBusiness123

Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:15:20 am

Thank you SO MUCH I couldn't find any related threads with the search words I was using xD

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:22:35 am

I've just taken a look at the link to the Softpedia site - the current version runs as a live CD - you then download your isos (to memory?) then create your Multisystem USB - I haven't tried this and am conscious that this will create issues for people with bandwidth/download quotas! ;) :(

When you have installed the version I posted in that tarball be sure to update the system! :D