This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Deleting a dual boot OS

sue

Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:26:39 pm

I have been dual booting mint and zorin for the last month or so and I feel I want to stay with zorin so I would like to delete mint and just stick with zorin I don't have any other OS on my computer.

I am new to Linux but I have managed to find my way round getting what I need to be done up to now by searching google but I cant seem to get to grips with how to do this any help would be appreciated thanks.

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:38:29 pm

Please take a look here:

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Manipulating_Partitions

Having had a quick glance at this if Mint is the last OS to be installed you should be OK. Personally I would attempt to backup all your essential data from your respective '/home' folders on each OS (not forgetting to press 'Ctrl+ H' to view hidden files!) and do a fresh install of Zorin. ;) :D

sue

Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:10:57 pm

Thanks very much for your reply Swarfendor437 I have done a fresh install of Zorin and now that is the only OS on my system.

As I intend to stick with Zorin I purchased the ultimate version.

mdiemer

Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:56:55 am

I think you have made a good choice, Sue. I have given mint a long trial, all three flavors, and still have Xfce. but I am on Zorin 90% of the time. It just flat works. My sound interface was a problem with Mint, not so with Zorin. Stuff just works. also, I like that this forum doesn't have ads, like the Mint forum. Finally, Zorin just feels faster and more stable. I find I can get stuff done and not have to keep troubleshooting it.

sue

Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:28:44 am

Thanks mdiemer I have quite a bit of tweaking to do so to speak I need to get my printer driver installed and my graphic card driver as well but this forum has lots of how to do's so hopefully shouldn't be a problem.

mdiemer

Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:40:57 pm

Re: printer: just go to printers, in System Settings, and click "add printer." Zorin will find the printer, install the drivers and offer to print a test page, all in about 30 seconds.

sue

Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:15:52 pm

Back again thanks for the info :D

Printer and graphics card all done :D