This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Questions

priestowngen

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:04:58 pm

Hey im new for this os. I have any questions about functionality and other.

First question can i play any game on this os ? like csgo or football manager 2016.

Second : Installation is easy ? I boot pendrive with this os and install yep ? I must format any disc for install system ?

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:11:32 pm

Could you be a bit clearer? Do you just want to install to pen drive and run live off that or install from pen drive?

As for what runs:

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/

If you are installing are you going to make Zorin your only OS or dual-boot with Windows, other OS?

priestowngen

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:12:56 pm

Yes on pendrive.

Dual boot i think if i teach linux i can uninstall windows.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:16:09 pm

So you want to install to your hard drive from USB with Windows?:

https://vimeo.com/110085401

priestowngen

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:28:37 pm

I have now windows xp and i wanna install zorin. So tell me can u have 2 os on 1 pc now ? and u give me link for csgo linux but when license end i must buy license ? thx

Swarfendor437

Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:36:42 pm

OK, you need to check with Codeweavers or Steam for Linux to see if those games will run - and you will have to make your own arrangements to buy etc. We can't help with the game side of things.

Whilst you have XP, the dual-boot process should be the same as for Windows 7 in my video. My only other advice is that you back up any essential data you have SHOULD anything go wrong - this is not an issue for GNU/Linux - there can be a whole host of reasons why things go wrong so better to be prepared first - and that includes making sure you have an XP disc to restore the mbr if you don't decide to use EasyBCD method as outlined in my video link I posted earlier. :D

priestowngen

Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:00:40 am

Can i install zorin on this same disc partiction where i have windows xp ?

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:50:33 pm

No you need to shrink it but let windows do the shrinking - look at the video! :D