This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

About the Power button or the like of icon

pure

Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:46:54 am

good afternoon.
The Zorin OS 10 use as a virtual machine and then install it on Oracle VM VirtualBox.
When you start the virtual machine, an icon of the power button, and the like at the bottom right of the desktop screen may not be displayed. Although it is not always have such a phenomenon occurs.
About the causes and workarounds, if you have person there you know, thank you for your professor.
Thank you.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:52:51 pm

Never run Zorin as a VM only full install - right-click the panel at bottom of screen and select 'Preferences'. On window that opens, click on 'applets' tab. You should see 'dummy' replica of panel at the very bottom - there should be an 'i' in a blue circle - this is the 'indicator3-applet' - remove and then add back again - this is what works for me on Zorin DE install - please note you could try to install Cairo Dock DE or Cinammon DE as an alternative! ;) :D

pure

Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:00:46 am

good afternoon.
I received your reply, thank you.
Today, when we start the virtual machine of Zorin OS 10, icons of power button was displayed.
For a while, and I want to take a look at the situation in this state.
Thank you.