This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Resolution problems

simpson317

Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:53:39 pm

Hi, I'm a total zorin and linux noob. I've just installed it on my old laptop. But the resolution is set to 640 x 480 and when i go to screen display on system settings, it wont let me change it. Theres just a pink box around it and it wont let me select other resolutions. I'm on a fujitsu esprimo v5535 running zorin os 9, just upgraded from vista. The resolution of the laptop should be 1,280x800. Any help would be greatly appreciated and please explain it in simple terms as like i said, i'm a complete noob who has never used linux before.

simpson317

Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:19:11 pm

BUMP - Can someone please help

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:34:41 pm

Bumping does not take place on this forum - continuance can lead to a temporary ban - persistence - permanent one! Be patient! ;) :D

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:38:42 pm

See this post on ubuntu forums (Zorin is based on ubuntu):

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... st13055957

Having read the entire thread the post is taken from the primary issue will be down to the SiS Graphics Chipset - SiS has never been GNU/Linux friendly - this is not a GNU/Linux issue but hardware vendors failing to support GNU/Linux! ;) :D

simpson317

Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:50:49 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:See this post on ubuntu forums (Zorin is based on ubuntu):

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... st13055957

Having read the entire thread the post is taken from the primary issue will be down to the SiS Graphics Chipset - SiS has never been GNU/Linux friendly - this is not a GNU/Linux issue but hardware vendors failing to support GNU/Linux! ;) :D

A lot of that doesnt make much sense to me. Long story short, can i fix this?

Swarfendor437

Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:28:11 am

You need to click on the links in that post I gave a link to - no guarantees because you have SiS Graphics chips!