This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Netflix desktop app and pipe light

killerdroid1990

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:30:12 am

Hello my name is Daryl and I am having some issues I just did a fresh install of Zorin os 10 core and I am having some issues with it I did the right steps and I did last time when I was running mint 17.3 Rosa and then tryed running it and it ran some things and had me run some other actions and configured wine and all that and now it wont start so I open firefox and try running netflix there and I run into you must have a HTML veiwer or silverlight so I said ok lets install pipelight then I run thoes steps it seems to be going ok untill I put the comand "sudo apt-get install pipelight" it starts off fine the it tells me it cannot find pipelight. I am wondering why I am having these issues and if there is anything I can do. Also so everyone knows I did a full system update and I did some things off of another thread I will reply with the URL link when I find it

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:52:43 pm

Hi, support for Zorin 10 (just like Ubuntu 15.04 on which it is based) reaches end of life at the end of this month. My advice is to fall back to Zorin 9 core. Then see my post about Netflix here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8760&hilit=+netflix

killerdroid1990

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:42:20 am

Why would they end the support for 10 so soon? 10 is the newest os isn't it?

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:48:56 pm

10 was a development release - it states it on their download page - it is a fork of Ubuntu 15.04 which was only supported to end of this month.

Here is the Zorin Link:

http://zorinos.com/download.html

It clearly states the support end date on the right-hand picture! ;)

killerdroid1990

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:22:10 am

Yea I saw that when I went to download a ISO of 9. How do you make your root partition ext4?

Swarfendor437

Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:17:30 pm

When you 'Format' Partitions you create there is a dialog box that opens where it asks you how you want to mark it (label it) - you select '/' from the drop down list - use the triangle at the end of the 'line' to get the drop-down list - it should default to 'ext4' when you choose it. ;) :D

killerdroid1990

Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:30:41 am

The reason I asked is the Zorin 9 live user was not letting me run Netflix desktop but 9 installed lets me run it. the live user told me that it needed ext 4 enabled

Swarfendor437

Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:06:40 pm

OK, so that is why - when you run things 'live' it is running in memory (RAM) - so that is correct. ;) :D

killerdroid1990

Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:35:21 pm

Thats what I figured after I installed it I forgot that the USB is the "Hard drive" and it uses as little system resources as possible