This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Multi-GPU Setup

davidkasper1972

Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:49:52 pm

Hello,

With the help of another member, I was able to get Zorin OS 9 installed on my MacBook 3,1. I like this OS so much, I am also considering on installing it on my main desktop unit. Here are the specs :

Mainboard = ASRock FM2A88M HD+
APU = AMD A10 6800 APU Quad 4.4Ghz
GPU = AMD Radeon 6460 PCIe with 2GB RAM
RAM = 8GB 1866Mhz
SSD = AMD R7 240GB
Monitor = SAMSUNG HDTV running at 1920 x 1280 / 60p

I currently booted this unit using the DVD I had created to boot my MacBook. While checking out the system details, I see it recognizes the APU correctly. The Graphics it recognizes as Gallium 0.4 on AMD ARUBA. Under Win10 Pro I am running this unit in dual-graphics mode having 4GB assigned to the video and 5GB available for the unit. I am curious if anyone knows how to configure Zorin to recognize both cards running in a dual-graphics mode so I can take advantage of the 4GB video frame such as in Win10. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is what Zorin OS recognizes :

Memory = 5.7 GB
Processor = AMD A10-6800K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics × 4
Graphics = Gallium 0.4 on AMD ARUBA
OS = 64-bit

I have not installed any AMD drivers from the AMD website as of yet. Before going deep into any configuration problems that may arise, I figured I would ask first to see if anyone had any information related to this and what steps I could take.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can / and would help

Swarfendor437

Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:44:01 am

As Zorin 9 is based on Ubuntu 14.04 this article may assist:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/AMD