This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[CLOSED] Opera Browser Problem

mdiemer

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:38:11 pm

I installed Opera, and cannot see the main menu. It should be in the upper left corner, but it's not. I joined their forum and have posted there as well, but thought perhaps someone here might have some ideas. I also have Opera on Mint, and it's OK there. I wonder if I installed two different versions? I figured out how to access Settings in a very roundabout way, and have it set up satisfactorily, but I would like to fix this glitch if possible. Thanks, Michael

Swarfendor437

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:59:49 am

Hi Michael, I would just purge Opera and install the package from the official Opera website. ;) :D

mdiemer

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:42:37 am

I thought about reinstalling, but someone on the Opera forum suggested I hit Alternate+P. That brings up the menu, so I guess I'm all set. Unless I forget the shortcut...

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:38:29 pm

If this is the menu bar, the 'across the board' shortcut is 'F10' (regardless of Browser - but that does NOT include 'Edge' in Windows 10!) then select what you want to view/see. ;) :D

mdiemer

Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:23:46 pm

To clarify: Alt + P brings up Settings. that is what I was after. Good enough for government work, as the saying goes. Thread can be closed.