This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Reduce size of Indicator 3 Applet?

showson1

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:02:36 pm

Hey all,
I recently switched to Zorin OS 10 and I'm LOVING it.
In fact, I like it so much I paid for the Ultimate version to support the distro.

My only issue with it is that I'd like to shrink down AWN as it's a little too large for the resolution on my laptop?
What I'm trying to do is use the OSX style and shrink down the size of the panel at the top.

I found that I can shrink the size of the icons, in the AWN preferences, but that doesn't impact the Indicator 3 Applet and that remains pretty large (see the attached image).
I've not been able to find a way to have the applet match the size of the bar.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Swarfendor437

Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:04:22 pm

Hi, Please be aware that Zorin 10 is now end of life - Zorin 11 is currently in Beta but also only short-term release. I would ask if you can get Zorin 12 at reduced cost when it comes out later in the year.

I'm afraid that has been a constant bugbear with indicator-3 applet - If you are after the MAC look, I can highly recommend Cairo-Dock DE which you can install from the repository - once installed, don't run it within the Zorin DE but click on the 'z' icon on the login box to change to Cairo-Dock DE:

download/file.php?id=3356&mode=view

https://vimeo.com/85050945

blfriis

Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:33:58 pm

Zorin 11 final are out now ;)