This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Re: Zorin OS version 10 and Musescore version 2.0 compatibil

noblegent

Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:44:30 pm

I have an old PC configuration - one with AMD Athlon XP 2000+; DDR RAM 266 Mhz 1 GB. I want to install Zorin OS (Core) version 10 (which is Ubuntu based as I understand) and Musescore version 2.0 (the linux edition).

My work involves Music Notation - composing and editing the score using Musescore version 2.0 for a music school.

Please let me know if there would be any compatibility issues involved with this combination of hardware and software? Please advise.

Patrick J Rego
Bangalore, India

Swarfendor437

Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:33:29 pm

Hi Please be advised that Zorin 10 OS reached its end-of-life on 31.1.2016.

Because of your dedicated interest in music, and also due to your machine specifications I would take a look at AVLinux - the last release is not available for download from the bandshed site where it is hosted as the creator is currently working on a new version for 2016 - AVLinux2016. In the meantime, download the 'diehard' version from Softpedia here (it comes with music score software included and you can even print it whilst running in live mode as the creator installed HP drivers to work out of the box (bad news if you don't have an HP Printer though):

http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/O ... 8850.shtml

Hope it works for you! ;) :D