This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Microsoft Office on Zorin

sachink

Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:28:07 pm

Hi Everybody,

Can anyone tell me, is microsoft office works perfectly with zorin os with the help of wine?

Swarfendor437

Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:10:03 pm

Hi, it depends which version - in the past I have tried Office 2000 with Mandrake 9 using Cross-Over Office trial software - Office 2002 (aka Office XP) wouldn't install. I did manage to install Office 2007 on an Asus eeePC once. Not tried anything later than that - best checking here:

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/

sachink

Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:40:55 am

Hi Dude,

I have installed office 2007 on zorin 9 release. It installed successfully. But when I am going to open old .xlsx file in installed 2007 office its showing currupt. How can i resolve this problem?

Swarfendor437

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:47:29 pm

That can happen even with a file on Windows - especially if saved to memory stick - have you checked on a Windows machine too? Or if you have Zorin, Open the file in LibreOffice as LibreOffice can read .xslx files natively - if it shows corrupt with that then the file IS corrupt and you may have to do a repair on Windows machine - if at all possible - using the Office repair utility? You access when you attempt to open the file.

sachink

Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:06:48 am

Hi,
Thnx for your reply :)

But, if I am creating file in office 2007 which installed in zorin and want to save on zorin desktop, that time I am unable to save on desktop.

Do you have any solution on it?

Regards
Sachin K

Swarfendor437

Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:36:54 pm

It is possibly because it is working within the WINE environment that you cannot do this - you should however be able to save to your 'Documents' folder inside of your '/home' folder. Similarly, you cannot add links to the Panel due to WINE working in a 'separate' environment. ;) :D

If I am wrong, am happy to be corrected.