This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Audio problem on RDP server

bubblehead

Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:32:12 pm

Hello all,
i am a recent convert to Linux & Zorin has proved the best for me coming from Windows xp/vista/7/8/10

i encode videos for my RG, and when connecting to server on Wind10 everything worked great audio/encoding..

but now on Zorin 9 i have connected via Remmina Remote desktop, and everything seems slow, watching a video in VLC, i have no audio and the picture seems to play frame by frame & also on youtube its frame by frame with no audio, VLC works fine on my PC, have no idea why switching between windows & Zorin has created this problem, any help/suggestions with pictures being a noob on Zorin :D

Swarfendor437

Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:46:21 pm

Hi, Please take time to look at Wolfman's Post Install Guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9785

Which includes a section on audio etc and codecs.

Please change your local update settings to 'Main Server' - Menu | System Tools | Administration | Software Updater - click on 'Settings' button after it has searched for updates (you may be asked for login password) go to the first Tab (it defaults to open in middle one) and change location of software to 'Main Server' to ensure you get all necessary updates.

Keep us posted! ;) :D

bubblehead

Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:11:46 am

Thank you for such a fast reply, you have given me loads of reading to do, will get back on what i find. Cheers.