This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] How to save a PDF file in Zorin 7.1 lite ?

b0b

Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:19:20 pm

New Guy here just getting started learning about Zorin I have 7.1 lite in an old compac computer ....How to save a PDF file For example when I download the Zorin 9 manual file on the internet how do I save it in my Zorin 7.1 lite so I don't have to download it over and over ? I went to file manager etc. but was unable to figure out how to save the file ?
Thank you !

Swarfendor437

Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:04:45 pm

Have you checked your downloads folder? What browser are you using? I really would not advise using Zorin 7 Lite (I don't think there ever was a 7.1?) as it is no longer supported - do you have access to any other machine?

b0b

Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:44:00 am

Thank you Swarfendor 437 ....I am using the Zorin 7.1 lite right now . The browser in my 7.1 Lite is Chrome . I downloaded and installed 7.1 lite about 2 years ago it has worked fine since then with no problems at all it had the browser and other add-ons already in it . I am interested in updating and that is why I wanted to download and save the Zorin 9 manual to check it out as much as possible ... I looked for a download folder in my 7.1 but see nothing like that ?
Perhaps I am not looking in the right place for the download folder ? b0b

Swarfendor437

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:49:47 pm

Hi, while you are in Chrome, press 'Ctrl+ J' to view your downloads - then where the pdf is listed, right click and select 'open containing folder' - keep us posted! ;) :D

b0b

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:18:02 am

YAY ! I pushed Control J and up popped a whole page of my downloads ! THANK YOU ! b0b

Swarfendor437

Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:06:25 am

Hi b0b, great stuff! Have marked as [SOLVED]. ;) :D