This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 11 Unetbootin

MBMz10

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:25:51 am

Has anyone else had problems with Unetbootin on Zorin OS 11?
All the USB sticks I try to create on Zorin OS 11 become unbootable. When I go through the same procedure on my OS 9 machine they work but not had success on OS 11.
I have tried this on 2 different hardware platforms and it is the same, OS 9 or 10 OK, OS 11 fail.

Swarfendor437

Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:01:04 pm

Have you tried MultiSystem instead?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8933&hilit=+MultiSystem#p43425

Just to add I have not tried to do this with 11! ;) :D

MBMz10

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:52:13 am

No. I haven't heard of multisystem. Might have to check this out! I was really wanting to know if other people had noticed the same thing as I have with Unetbootin or if this is just something that was specific to me or my hardware? I can work around this but still like to hear what other people had to say.

Swarfendor437

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:54:18 pm

I tried Unetbootin when Zorin 5 was out - it whirred and clicked as though it was doing something - 20-30 minutes went by and at the end of it "Sorry Unetbootin does not support this .iso at the moment" or something similar. With MultiSystem you just drag and drop and if it is not going to work it tells you instantly! ;) :D

MBMz10

Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:06:58 pm

Seems no one else is having this issue or not yet as OS 11 still rather new.
I am still not able to use Unetbootin in Zorin OS 11 but have found a work around. Using "Disks" to "restore" an image (.iso file) and have made a video about it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygOZfxrSn-Q

I would welcome feedback about this as I haven't seen anyone else do this before, however it does seem to work for most distro's that I have tried. Oddly enough it doesn't seem to work on Zorin OS 11... Strange.

Bradley

Swarfendor437

Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:33:46 pm

I think it is likely due to the way Zorin have put the distro together - usually, MultiSystem will state from the offset whether it is supported or not - I will have a look at this later - stay tuned! ;) :D