This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED]How do i find and open the application installed?

trailblazer

Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:15:50 am

Hey everyone, there is something missing in Zorin OS: how do i find the application i installed if it not shown in Zorin menu?

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:02:30 pm

What is the application? How did you install it and where from? ;) :D

trailblazer

Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:15:07 pm

The name of the application is xfce4-appfinder, it was installed through sudo apt-get install.

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:05:34 pm

Right, this may not show because:

1. Zorin does not use XFCE Desktop Environment - Even in Lite (that uses LXDE).

2. You may need to install XFCE and choose that option (if it puts a DE option at the login screen - not sure - you don't want to break your Zorin install do you? ;) :D

trailblazer

Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:30:26 pm

No, I don't. I was just trying to install application that will help me find other applications. But now i have got another problem: sound distorted (slow down mp3s and absent in web videos) in online videos and Rhythmbox mp3s. Is there an easy way to reinstall sound drivers or something? Should I start another thread for this question?

Swarfendor437

Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:51:44 pm

Take a look at Wolfman's Post Install guide - top item on Board Index - in particular section on sound and codecs. ;) :D

trailblazer

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:27:04 pm

I did look at Wolfman's Post Install guide - installed recommended packages ( libsox-fmt-all faac flac paman), tweaked with pulseaudio, but still having problems. I will start another thread.