This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] Blank Screen on OS 11

Darth Luq

Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:25:26 am

Hi Guys,

I am quite new to Zorin, and I find it much better than windows as it does not use up too much of my RAM or heat up my notebook too much.

Prior to this, I was using dual-boot WinXP and Zorin OS 9. After comparing them, I decided to format my HDD and fully install Zorin OS 11. Fast forward, my OS 11 has finished installation.

After restarting, it just went blank. I waited for around 30 min the press enter, then a login screen appears and asks for my password, upon clicking enter, it goes blank again.
I waited for around 15 min and press enter again. This time i tried using the guest account, everything went well and I could use it.

Is there any solution for this problem? I tried Google before posting my problem here.

For your information

1. My notebook is Acer 4290

2. RAM 2GB

3. Zorin OS 11

4. Hard Drive partitioning = None

5. I did ran Zorin Live first to check it worked before installing.

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:43:14 pm

Zorin 11 is based on Ubuntu 15.10 - the solution at the bottom of this page may help - you may need to boot into recovery mode with Terminal active and a wired connection to the internet:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/697623/u ... core-2-cpu

Darth Luq

Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:51:39 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Zorin 11 is based on Ubuntu 15.10 - the solution at the bottom of this page may help - you may need to boot into recovery mode with Terminal active and a wired connection to the internet:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/697623/u ... core-2-cpu

Well, my thread was approved just recently.

I re-installed the OS11 with network and that did the trick. If I have known about this sooner, I would try it.

Anyway, thank you very much for the solution :D

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:02:23 pm

Hi, Glad you are sorted! Have marked as [RESOLVED]. ;) :D