This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

upgrade

tomiki

Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:31:24 am

I tried to upgrade for three days Zorin 10 to Zorin 11, but to no avail. Then I found a guide writen by some one at Zorin, to use Unetbootin, but Zorin was not on Unetbootin's list, but Linux Mint is, so I gave up on Zorin, and went with Linux Mint.
Linux Mint is not as simple to use as Zorin, It is a bit more linux'y than Zorin. Plus the Mint distro I got has LTS till 2019, so I shouldn't heve the upgrade problem for at east three years. Zorin really should get on Unetbootin's list.

kimbroughhg

Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:03:44 pm

Zorin was not on Unetbootin's list, but Linux Mint is
Zorin is Ubuntu which is Linux Mint, they can all be installed using the Ubuntu option, neither Mint nor Zorin need their own option. But I would recommend Rufus over any other bootable USB creator. The issue you encountered is that the USB creators cant compile it because of a file mismatch, rufus can detect and fix it.

Plus the Mint distro I got has LTS till 2019
Linux Mint is only made on top of LTS Ubuntu builds, 17.x is based on Ubuntu 14.04 like Zorin 9 is, so technically you downgraded.