This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How do I know if my computer will support Zorin?

Space

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:58:09 pm

Hi,

I am planning on building a computer this summer. I can' t justify spend $100+ on Windows so I want to try Zorin OS 9. However, I have done some research and can't find anyplace that will tell me if my hardware that I will be using is compatible with Zorin. Below is the PC part picker list of the parts I will be using. If any of you wonderful people could tell me if Zorin 9 will work with these components that would be great.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZpMKCJ

OR

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DjQxD3

Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:58:53 pm

It's hard to say - manufacturers are geared to proprietary drivers - all I can say is download the live version and give it a try - please note that it is a pae kernel which will require an 'iX' processor (i3, i5 i7) or any AMD Processor.

Space

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:05:15 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:It's hard to say - manufacturers are geared to proprietary drivers - all I can say is download the live version and give it a try - please note that it is a pae kernel which will require an 'iX' processor (i3, i5 i7) or any AMD Processor.

OK. So I won't know if it will work with my computer until I build it and try? Also, if it doesn't work then I will be forced to buy Windows?

Swarfendor437

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:02:05 pm

Please take a look here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5440#p26061

Like I said before don't blame Zorin, don't blame GNU/Linux - blame hardware producers who only think about that other OS! ;) :D

Space

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:52:07 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Please take a look here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5440#p26061

Like I said before don't blame Zorin, don't blame GNU/Linux - blame hardware producers who only think about that other OS! ;) :D

Thanks so much. I will check it out.