This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] HP Deskjet 3630 All-in-one printer/scanner

ian4238

Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:59:18 pm

Further to my posts under heading Canon MP240 printer.
Many thanks for the suggestions. The main problem seems to be the HP Installer not explaining exactly what the missing dependency is. As this is a printer currently available in the shops, but the driver HPLIP version 3.15.6 is not in Synaptic, perhaps other people have had a similar problem.
If anyone knows the answer to my problem, please pass it on.

Swarfendor437

Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:42:08 pm

Hi, please remember to post in the correct section of the forum! Future mispostings will get deleted - persistent mis posting can lead to a temporary and even permanent ban! ;) :D

ian4238

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:54:18 am

Good news.
Last night I installed all of the "libusb" possible dependencies from Synaptic.
Ran Printing Troubleshooter, which told me this printer was 'not enabled'. The instructions for Ubuntu were different from Zorin, but I found that you could right click on the icon in Systems-Printers, and enable it. It also told me 'Sorry. There is no obvious solution to this problem'. From HP LInux Imaging webpage I tried "sudo hp-check -t" which told me again that Zorin was not a listed distro, and a warning: "Printer is not HPLIP installed. Printers must use the hp: or hpfax: CUPS backend for HP devices". I then tried the suggested "sudo hp-setup" which got me a printed Test Page, but no printing from my files. Then turned it off and disconnected the printer for a while, restarted PC, moved the USB cord to front of PC, then redid all of this above, getting a third icon in Systems-Printers. Made sure it was enabled and default, then finally all worked.
As a matter of interest, this morning when I tried the printer again, it was no longer marked as "enabled". I wonder if I can safely delete the two icons in Systems-Printers that are not needed?

Swarfendor437

Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:53:39 am

Thanks for reminding me of something! madvinegar posted some time a go a useful little hint how you can temporarily make Zorin be identified as Ubunutu to access packages only made available for Ubuntu. Now back to your question - ensure that the printer that is working is marked as default - usually a white tick in a green circle? then delete the other icons in Printers(?). ;) :D

ian4238

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:19:15 am

Many thanks for the help.

I deleted the 2 icons in System Settings-Printers, and everything seems good. I also checked Simple Scan, works immediately and quickly.

Swarfendor437

Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:34:54 am

Great stuff! ;) :D

pramod7770

Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:55:13 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Thanks for reminding me of something! madvinegar posted some time a go a useful little hint how you can temporarily make Zorin be identified as Ubunutu to access packages only made available for Ubuntu. Now back to your question - ensure that the printer that is working is marked as default - usually a white tick in a green circle? then delete the other icons in Printers(?). ;) :D

thank you for sorting my problem

pramod7770

Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:58:11 pm

thank you for your great help