This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Moderator, please delete this

qnarkill

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:27:13 pm

I suggest using gdebi in terminal to install packages that are local, since it can handle dependencies with them. Or gdebi-gtk if your into gui. I myself downloaded opera and had no issues installing it with gdebi or software center. Both worked like a charm.

Don't want to diss or be rude but i cencirely doubt zorin os will ever provide these browsers in the images. Opera's proprietary and 170+mbs and otters packages are experimental and may work incorrectly or may not work at all.

Can we mark this solved?

Swarfendor437

Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:06:00 am

Yes Otter is still experimental but it would be nice to see an open source version of Opera which is what Otter is. ;) :D

If you install gdebi via terminal no need to add gtk package for front end - it pulls it in on install.

Code:
sudo apt-get install gdebi

To install .deb package, just right-click and choose 'Open with...' and select 'Gdebi'. I prefer gdebi to software centre as it reports on missing dependencies if it does not install a package. ;) :D