This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 9 Ultimate

Ghostieboi

Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:40:52 pm

Hello,

I've tried installing the Zorin 9 ultimate OS on my laptop, but after the installation procedure, it comes with an error "Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key." This has happened twice, after twice trying to install this on my laptop. I'm using a USB flash stick to install. Can I get some help please? I am going to try one more time while i wait for replies on this (and other forum posts).

Thank you,

Ghostieboi

Swarfendor437

Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:54:19 am

On initial look that sounds like a failing hard drive or you installed it over itself on stick.

Ghostieboi

Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:33:30 am

It is not a failing hard drive, as Win10 works perfectly fine. Every time I've tried to do the whole format thing, it says theres no valid file system, even though there are valid file systems. I installed Zorin 9 on another laptop, with a 320 HDD instead of a 128 SSD, and it installed perfectly, with no errors or anything. Thing is, I did nothing different. So I'm just thinking that it was just a fluke and Zorin didn't like my Toshiba Satellite L15 B1330. I really wanted to put it on there though, as its almost a netbook.

Swarfendor437

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:53:58 am