This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Bugs ive found in zorin 11

aberts10

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:56:03 pm

I've noticed a few bugs over the past few months that i used Zorin... i don't actually have any logs (damn arch linux wipped my whole disk), but i can at least point them out so they can be noticed if they happen again for someone. (in Zorin 11)

- Window border disappears on Firefox, this has a higher chance of occurring when you change desktops, minimize firefox, or click on the taskbar. (kill the xserver and restart it, or reboot, xserver will glitch though and look odd if you kill it)

- Right taskbar panel disappears accasionally (turns blank white, sometimes only showing one icon which is most of the time incomplete) and python applet has to be killed and restarted

- Menu items wont show after installation (just like cinnamon glitch, though this may not be a problem that can be fixed directly, as it may be a bug in gnome) AKA: Virtualbox as an example (and though not in zorin, using cinnamon skype had the same issue)

- Repeated keypress in certain steam games such as War thunder. (may be a bug in ubuntu itself)

- Backups error out, even in a fresh installation of zorin saying they cannot access a certain directory.

Im not asking for support, i'm just mentioning these so they could be looked into perhaps. They are the reason i cant use Zorin right now, though i would love to, because i cant risk loosing files anymore because of these random occurrences. Also im not sure if this is the right section for this topic, though i didn't see a Bugs section so i posted here.

Swarfendor437

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:52:27 pm

Hi, Yes there is a section - it is called 'Feedback' and inside there is a thread 'Feedback on Zorin 11'!:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11439

I will move this post in due course. ;) :D

Please bear in mind that Zorin 11, just like Ubuntu 15.10 on which it is based, is a development release - 12 should be more stable once it is out. ;) :D