This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 9 Lite: desktop RMB shortcuts log user out

RGuerra

Thu May 26, 2016 4:14:00 pm

Hello,

Zorin OS 9 Lite is installed (dual boot with Win XP) and there are issues with most of the desktop right mouse button shortcut options: Internet, Office, etc.
Whenever they are selected the system logs me out.... why?

Do you have any tips on how to fix all those problematic shortcuts?

Thanks and regards,
Rafael

Swarfendor437

Thu May 26, 2016 5:03:06 pm

Have you followed Wolfman's post-install guide for Lite here?:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4835

RGuerra

Fri May 27, 2016 11:52:42 am

I am sorry but I could not find a fix to the OS9 Lite default RMB shortcuts issue indicated.
Could you be more specific please?

James tobin

Fri May 27, 2016 2:46:54 pm

when it says it logs you out, do you mean that it logs out user account or just locks it? Try opening an application and then do the thing that makes it log out. Is the application still open when you put in password?

Personally, the first thing I would do to fix those kinds of problems is sudo apt-get update to update repositories THEN run 'sudo apt-get upgrade' to update all the software on your computer. That will sometimes fix the problem.

Alternatively you could try reinstalling as a last resort. Just make sure you only format your system partition

Hope this helps! :D

RGuerra

Fri May 27, 2016 4:05:41 pm

OS9 Lite actually logs out, I get a loging window and all previously open applications are closed when I log back.
Thanks for the tips, I did follow them but unfortunately the problem remains.

James tobin

Fri May 27, 2016 4:22:37 pm

Try reinstalling by keeping the /home partition but erasing the system partition and making a new one. Be sure not to delete the win partition either

Swarfendor437

Fri May 27, 2016 6:49:34 pm

Hi, wind back - did you check the integrity of the iso of Zorin 9 Lite you downloaded using winmd5free?:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v28335038JpeNGXzP