This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

I have to enter password 5 - 6 times to log on

fabian 2015

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:27:50 pm

Suddenly when starting Zorin, I immediately open Google then get the login popup. But after entering the PW, it closes, then a couple of seconds later, pops up again. This has been going on for several weeks. Last week every time I turned on the computer, I get the popup login screen, after entering PW on 4 occasions, it was OK. This week, a few minutes ago, it required 6 attempts to log in

That is 1 problem

I have had a second problem where I get the Ubuntu "update" popup, I select yes, enter the PW and after a while while everything looks good during the download, suddenly I get an error message that there is something wrong with my internet connection so it could not update the computer. ???? I can easily go to the browser and have no issues.

The computer is a Dell Latitude E6400 setup as a dual boot (originally Windows 7) and Zorin OS9. 256G SSdrive, 8 Geg ram. and have been having these issues for weeks.

as an FYI, I upgraded the other side to Windows 10, but the problems on the Zorin side did not change or get worse.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Joe

Swarfendor437

Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:28:25 am

Hi, Sorry to hear of your woes - first off you are not logging in with Guest Account? If not then please take a look here:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/646023/ ... k-to-login

Please be sure to read all of the information on the link given.

As to updates this 'might' be where you get your updates from - Open Software Updater (Menu | System Settings | Administration | Software Update) - after it has run once and settled, click on 'Settings' button on bottom left of interface, go to the first tab and change your 'Source' to 'Main Server' - see if that resolves the update issue? Also make sure that Updates to latest Ubuntu are set to 'NEVER' - third tab I think - using latest MakuluLinux in live mode - hence the 'think'! ;) :D