This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) No sound HP Pavilion x360

StivenYFC

Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:10:46 am

Hello! I had luck installing Zorin 9 core on an older laptop and I was able to fix the sound issue after install. I am now stuck on getting any sound (through speakers or headphones). My new laptop is an i5 HP Pavilion x360. Would this be a version issue or is there a fix? I was going to try version 11, but it is near end of life.

Thanks,
Steve

Swarfendor437

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:55:46 am

Hi, First off take a look here - but don't report a bug - you will only get diverted back here!

Next, take a look at Wolfman's excellent post-install guide here - in particular the section on Audio -

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9785

Don't forget to download your 'unofficial' manual! - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9512

StivenYFC

Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:39:43 pm

Wolfman's post worked on my old laptop, but not on this one. I have pulse audio and Alsa installed.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:09:47 pm

I've read recently that kernels have been updated but the older OS's tend to stay a couple of steps behind - you could give Zorini 11 a try - there is nothing showing up on searches I have carried out in respect of your particular notebook. ;) :D

StivenYFC

Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:54:54 pm

Thanks, I will give it a try. Out of curiosity, is there a release date for Zorin 12?

Swarfendor437

Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:43:35 pm

Hi, I am not aware of one but from past experience it is usually summer time (OK yes we are in Summer now - but Summer lasts a long time and as I have stated elsewhere, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS which is what I suspect it will be based on, has had lots of issues and I expect there may be some delay because of that - better to have a stable distro than one that means people move away from it! ;) :D

StivenYFC

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:15:23 pm

Thanks, I have sound on Zorin 11.