This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Wine and gaming

unc1rlm

Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:44:02 pm

I have X-Plane 10 as a flight Simulator. I have not installed yet. I have a dedicated partion on an ssd for it to be installed too. My question is I know that wine creates a fake "c" drive within the home folder. X Plane can get to be upwards of 70gb's. I really would not want to install this on my home partition as you call it. I have a 120gb ssd that windows and zorin are installed on. I would like very much to install xplane to this separate ssd. Is there a way to do it. I am totally new. I right clicked on the root folder and this is what it is called: X-Plane 10 Copy 1
Folder (inode/directory)
/media/unc1rlm

It is shared with permission to read and write and the owner is "ME". Also in the wine version I have it goes as high as winxp. Is there a version that supports win7 or 8? I hope i haven't thoroughly confused you. X Plane comes in windows and linux flavor but i assume i would download the windows version and it will be installed (if we can move wine) on an ext4 partition.

THANK YOU!! for any help.

Bob M

Swarfendor437

Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:36:16 pm

Hi, please be advised that the How-tos and Tutorial section of the forum is for guides to benefit others, not for questions of support!

In answer to your question (and I did not know this!):

https://askubuntu.com/questions/576888/ ... -directory

unc1rlm

Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:31:48 pm

Sorry... I did not realize I was in the wrong part of the forum. Thank you...new at this :) btw...thanks for the tip on wine.

BM

lauztuvas

Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:01:34 am

:mrgreen:

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:39:14 pm

lauztuvas wrote:Sorry, this is not mine Topic, but is about Zorin and WIne and Windows aplications. So, I think, i write here ;) .
My Story : zorin NINE lite version with Wine one.six.two. (sorry for nubers - i cant write nubers becauce during Zorin instalation progres i chose Lithuania and now in nuber places are Lithuanian simbols and I cant it replace).
So.. I instaled farming simulator two tousand ilevent and got black screen... Sorry i must goo. Soon i refill my question...

Please start your own thread in Help and Support - hijacking threads is not permitted - if you post in this thread again your posts will be deleted. ;)