This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Mircrosoft Office 2010 Installation.

MFawzi

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:24:57 am

I've an issue with installing MST Office 2010 on Wine, I am new to Linux environment, the installation always replies back with "Installation encourage a problem with installation.. any help please?

Swarfendor437

Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:33:15 pm

Hi, The default wine settings is for Windows XP - you will need to change this to Windows 7 - also Wine tends not to like .msi packages - try to use 'Setup.exe' You may also need to add some .dll libraries in the configuration which are generally present - if not you can add them manually just by typing them in the 'add' box without the need to add '.dll' after the name - If I can find my Linux User and Developer Mag/Linux Magazine that explained how to install MS Office I will get back to you but my study is in a (aherm) mess - bit of an understatement really! ;) :D

Wine config.jpg

MFawzi

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:44:58 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, The default wine settings is for Windows XP - you will need to change this to Windows 7 - also Wine tends not to like .msi packages - try to use 'Setup.exe' You may also need to add some .dll libraries in the configuration which are generally present - if not you can add them manually just by typing them in the 'add' box without the need to add '.dll' after the name - If I can find my Linux User and Developer Mag/Linux Magazine that explained how to install MS Office I will get back to you but my study is in a (aherm) mess - bit of an understatement really! ;) :D

Wine config.jpg

thanks for replyig
yea, I've tried these but it didn't install ..
But regarding copying .dll files, where're there dlls and where to copy them.. sorry um a little new to linux environment :D

Swarfendor437

Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:41:32 pm

Hi, you should have PlayOnLinux as part of the install - Office 2010 is listed there - give that a try? ;) :D

Screenshot from 2016-06-17 19-41-42.png