This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Wi-fi and sound problems

Lyseko

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:22:15 pm

I actually have two distinct problems.
So, first of all, I have an hp elitebook 745 g2 and I've recently gotten into linux and the first OS that I installed was actually deepin OS. While I was using deepin, I realized the computer couldn't detect wi-fi. After researching, I found this thread and I solved my problem with the solution from post #4.
Soon after I decided I wanted to switch to zorin and so I did. Again, the computer could not detect wi-fi so I tried the same solution. However, this time the grub file was slightly different. Nevertheless after adding the "intremap=off" I rebooted but I had NO SUCCESS.

So there, my first problem is that I can't have a wireless connection on my hp. This is my top priority right now.

The other problem is much simple but also annoying: my headphones don't work with linux... at least in my computer (They work on windows, they work on other people's linux.)

If anybody could help, I would be much appreciated. Zorin is my perfect OS and I really want it to work.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:52:57 am

Hi, can you please connect your notebook by Ethernet cable to your router? Once you do, open a terminal and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Choose 'select all', then right-click and select copy, open a terminal (Ctrl+ Alt+ T or Menu | Accessories | Terminal (In Zorin 9) Menu | System Tools | Terminal (in Zorin 11)).

After entering the 'sudo' command above you will be asked for your login password - no asterisks will appear or any other symbol so be careful! You get 3 attempts.

Also please take time to read and follow Wolfman's excellent Post-Install Guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9785

Keep us posted!

Can you provide more information about your headphones please? ;)