This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

USB Keys and others

Robert DEDENON

Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:58:25 pm

Hello ! I am a french people and I'm sorry if my post is a little bit incomprehensible ;)

My problem is with my USB keys, CD/DVD/SD Cards... because I have a desktop icon that lead to /media/username/device_name. Can I remove that desktop icon ? If It's yes, how can I remove that ?

Secondly, for the Windows Taskbar, you use Avant Window Navigator (AWN), OK but I want, if it's possible an applet for AWN for unmount devices USB... (approximately same as the LinuxMint Cinnamon Applet for unmount devices) ?

Please, help me ! :?

PS : The Ubuntu Forum users can't be help me. :!: :?: :idea:

Swarfendor437

Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:10:35 pm

Bienvenue! Bonjour mon ami! You will need to install dconf-editor (Open a Terminal - in Zorin 9 - Menu | Accessories | Terminal in Zorin 11 Menu | System Tools | Terminal and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install dconf-tools

This will install 'dConf Editor'. After installing, just search for 'dConf Editor' in the menu search bar and then look for 'Nemo' (in Zorin 11 - not got 9 installed at moment so it should be 'Nautilus' and look for volumes being displayed:

nemo.jpg