This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Issues with Motherboard

Osomara

Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:32:41 am

So from what I know about computers I would venture to guess I have some kind of driver or settings issue with my motherboard. The computer will only put out visual through the video card, not the onboard vga, or hdmi. The goal is to route the video from my pc to my tv via vga cable, but my video card doesnt have a vga port, it has something that looks like a wide vga port which is obviously something I would need an adapter for. Since i have no money the hope is to be able to use the motherboard vga port and not have to buy the adapter. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Swarfendor437

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:01:54 pm

Hi, if you want to use the motherboard VGA port you need to go into your BIOS - On the majority of motherboards, the BIOS is accessed by pressing the DEL(ete) key at boot time - if a branded PC it could be anything such as F2 or other key. Check your motherboard manual for information. ;) :D

Osomara

Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:52:42 pm

What would I do once I brought up the bios?

Swarfendor437

Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:00:11 pm

Explore the different headings until you get to 'on-board peripherals' - that should list your graphics devices that are available - you need to select 'onboard graphics', then press F10 to 'Save and Exit' - don't forget to swap connect your monitor with VGA cable to the on-board graphics port before rebooting! ;) :D

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/4241/G ... 1467320321

In this instance where you have 'init display first' select the field with the cursor arrows, press the space bar to see if you get the onboard option then save and exit as per above. :D