This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Bottom right icons are gone from task bar?

pthalla1

Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:40:44 am

The bottom right taskbar icons are gone in a new update? I'm not really sure what happened to them. There used to be icons there like the time and the battery left on laptop. Now there is just an empty white space as shown in the picture below. Can anyone help me get them back? Thanks.

[
zorin taskbar.png

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:34:08 am

Hi, right-click the Panel at the bottom and select 'Preferences' - on the interface that opens, choose 'Applets' then search for 'indicator-3' - drag this down to the dummy replica of the panel at the bottom of the Applets tab - this should then make the missing element re-appear. ;) :D

pthalla1

Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:39:16 am

Hey, this doesn't work. It still shows up as a white box. I have tried removing the "Indicator 3" and putting it back into place, but still no luck. Still white bar.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:56:29 am

OK, open 'Synaptic Package Manager' (just type in 'synaptic' in the Windows 7 like search bar to bring it into the menu. Launch it (you will be asked for your login password to elevate you to 'root' = administrator) and search for AWN or avant window navigator - you should see ticks or coloured blocks against the items installed - mark each check mark/block by right-clicking and select 'Mark for re-installation' then click on 'Apply' on the menu bar. Keep us posted. ;)