This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[CLOSED/LOCKED] Login Loop?

manbearpig010

Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:47:34 pm

Hi! I am completely new to Linux and decided to go with Zorin because I read that it was easier to get into because it was similar to the Windows OS. I installed it on to VirtualBox and tried to log in and as it loaded the the home page, it would look like it crashed, give me a black screen with some text that would disappear fairly quickly, and bring me back into to login page. This would occur with both the user I created and with guest. I tried looking online for answers and tried several things including purging and re-installing Samba, something with .Xauthority, and just re-installing Zorin OS. None of that worked. Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks!

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:48:57 am

You are running it in a virtual machine so can't advise on that - support here is principally for the OS that is installed directly to the hard drive - any number of issues could be the problem - wrong version of Virtual Box, lack of the Extension Pack, low Memory, Low graphics card. ;)